Chicken wings in the air fryer has got to be the easiest recipe I’ll ever share on my blog. Can you even really call it cooking? I’m not so sure. You be the judge!
Chicken Wings In The Air Fryer Recipe!
Like many other people out there, I got an Air Fryer for Christmas! Well, actually I got mine during Thanksgiving week at Target who had marked the Instant Pot Air Fryer down significantly for Black Friday and I decided to buy myself an early Christmas present. I’m so glad I did!
You all know how much I love my Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. Like LOVE IT! So when Instant Pot came out with their Air Fryer, the Instant Vortex Plus 7-in-1 Air Fryer, I knew for sure I had to have it. I waited months for it to go on sale and when I saw that sale tag on it, my heart just about skipped a beat. Actually, it was my husband who saw it first and even he danced a little happy dance at the price tag. And it was the last one on the shelf so of course we had to get it.
The first thing I made were these Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer and duuude….I can’t even tell you how good these turned out! I was amazed at how crispy the outside was and yet so juicy on the inside. It was shocking to see all the oil and fat drip down to the pan. Yikes!
It’s safe to say, this is the healthier and less messy way of making “fried” chicken!
How To Make Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer
As if you really needed steps for this but here it is anyway….
- Set the Instant Pot Air Fryer setting to AirFry mode at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Season the chicken wings with salt and pepper and place them on the rack. Be generous with your seasoning.
- Once the Air Fryer prompts you to Add The Food, you add the food. (I feel silly writing this but whatevs)
- At the half way mark, turn the chicken wings.
- Once done, remove the wings and plate them.
- Add whatever sauce you like and/or garnish with sliced green onions.
More Chicken Wings Recipes You’ll Love
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Instant Pot Air Fryer
- 12 pieces Chicken wings
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Turn on the Air Fryer and it to the AirFry mode at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- While it is heating up, place the chicken wings on the rack and season generously with salt and pepper.
- When the Air Fryer prompts you to Add The Food, place the rack with the chicken wings into the Air Fryer.
- At 10 minutes, turn the chicken wings.
- Once the wings are done, remove them from the Air Fryer and plate.
- [Toss the chicken wings in your favorite sauce and/or garnish with sliced green onions]