This Chinese Sausage Fried Rice is a little bit salty, a little bit sweet and oh so good! This recipe is in constant rotation in my household because not only do my kids devour it, but its a favorite of mine too! Call it a guilty pleasure but I just love me Chinese sausage! Growing up, I would eat this with plain rice and call it a day. It’s that good!
Try this recipe for breakfast, lunch or dinner and thank me later!
Chinese Sausage Fried Rice Recipe!
Chinese Sausage was a staple in my house growing up. If you’re not familiar with Chinese sausage, the taste is a combination of sweet and salty. Similar to bacon, it makes everything taste better! You can find it at most Asian grocery stores and lately I’ve even seen it at my local Costco!
Chinese sausage was one of those things we always had at home in case of an emergency, like Spam or Corned Beef. When there was simply no time to cook or the fridge needed restocking, we would fry up these babies and eat it with plain white rice. Not exactly your balanced meal, but hey, it got the job done.
As an adult and especially since I’ve got kids, I’ve been more conscious about getting vegetables in our diet. One of the ways I get my kids to eat vegetables is if its already mixed in their food so I decided to make Chinese Sausage Fried Rice using frozen vegetables I already had in the freezer.
It’s seriously such an easy dish to make and everyone will love it.
Scroll down for the step-by-step instructions on how its made.
How To Make Chinese Sausage Fried Rice
- Prep all ingredients: Cut the Chinese sausage into bite size pieces, mince the garlic and finely chop the green onion. Set aside the frozen veggies and “fluff” the cold day-old rice with a spatula.
- In a large non-stick wok, add the Chinese Sausage. (You don’t need to add oil prior to adding the Chinese sausage. The sausage itself will remit its own natural oils). Set it aside in a paper towel lined plate.
- On medium heat, add the avocado oil into the wok and sauté the garlic and green onion.
- Add the cold rice and mix well.
- Add the frozen veggies. Don’t worry, the veggies will cook during the process.
- Add the soy sauce and fresh ground pepper and keep mixing well.
- Make a well in the middle of the wok and add the eggs and scramble the eggs. Mix the eggs with the rest of the rice.
- Add back the cooked Chinese sausage and serve.
Check Out These Other Fried Rice recipes You’ll Love!
- Spam Fried Rice
- Bacon Fried Rice
- Yang Chow Fried Rice
- Chicken Fried Rice
Chinese Sausage Fried Rice
- rice cooker
- Rice Spatula
- Wooden Spoon
- Cutting Board
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 stalks Green onion diced
- 6 pieces Chinese Sausage sliced
- 1 cup Frozen vegetables
- 1 1/2 cups Cooked day old white rice
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- Cut up the chinese sausage into bite size pieces. Mince the garlic and cut up the green onion.
- In a large non-stick Wok set to medium heat, cook the Chinese sausage for about 2-3 minutes. Place it on a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Lower the heat on the Wok and add the garlic and green onions. Stir until fragrant making sure not to burn the garlic.
- Add the day old rice and break it up in the Wok. Stir and add the frozen vegetables, soy sauce and fresh ground pepper. Keep stirring and breaking up the rice.
- Make a well in the middle of the Wok and add 2 eggs. Cook the eggs and mix it well with the rest of the rice.
- Add back the cooked Chinese Sausage.