The easiest and quickest Wonton Noodle Soup using some simple short cuts along the way. Chinese comfort food at home.
Wonton Noodle Soup Recipe!
With the Shelter In Place still in effect here in the Bay Area, it has really limited our ability to satisfy our cravings on a whim! So…it’s time to be creative in our kitchen and re-create some of our restaurant favorites, such as this Wonton Noodle Soup that I would have at our favorite local Chinese Restaurant at least once a week!
I hit up my local Asian Market, H-Mart and purchased my main ingredients for this yummy comforting noodle soup recipe: egg noodles, frozen wontons, chili oil, bok choy and green onions. The rest of the ingredients I already had in my pantry and I’m betting you do too!
Keep reading for this easy step-by-step instructions on this simple and delicious restaurant favorite, Wonton Noodle Soup.
How To Make Wonton Noodle Soup
- Gather all your ingredients and lay them out on the table. Preparation is key here.
- First, you’ll want to make the chili oil sauce by combining the chili oil, soy sauce and sesame seed oil. Set this aside.
- Rinse and drain your Bok Choy as well as the green onions.
- Chop up your green onions so that they are about the length of your index finger. Set this aside.
- Lay out 4 soup bowls.
- Using a large pot, add the water and bring it to a rolling boil.
- Add the Bouillon seasoning and mix well. If you don’t have Bouillon, you can substitute this with chicken broth, but make sure to eliminate the water.
- Add the egg noodles and boil until the noodles are al dente, about a few minutes.
- Remove the noodles and divide equally into the soup bowls. (See, told you to have this ready!) See pics below.
- Then add the frozen wontons into the pot and boil until done, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the wontons and add them to the bowls.
- Now add the Bok Choy to the pot. This will only take about 1-2 minutes to cook. Make sure not to overcook it.
- Once all your bowls have the noodles, wontons and Bok Choy, ladle the soup broth into the bowls.
- Top with the green onions and drizzle the wontons with the chili oil sauce.
More Comfort Food Recipes You’ll Love
Wonton Noodle Soup
- Large Pot with lid
- Cutting Board
- 10 cups Water
- 12 oz Egg Noodles
- 16 Frozen Wontons
- 1 Large bunch of Bok Choy
- 3 stalks Green Onion, cut about 2" in length
- 3 tbsp Bouillon Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Chilli Oil
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Seed Oil
How To Make The Sauce
- Combine the Chilli oil, soy sauce and sesame seed oil and mix well.
- Set this aside.
How To Make the Soup
- In a large pot, add the water and bring it to a boil.
- Add the bouillon seasoning and mix well. I used a whisk to make sure the seasoning blended well with the water.
- Add the egg noodles in the broth and cook until the noodles are al dente, just a few minutes.
- Remove the noodles and set them in individual bowls.
- Now add the frozen wontons to the boiling broth and cook for a few minutes until the wontons are cooked through.
- Remove the wontons and assemble them on each individual bowl with the noodles.
- Add the bok choy to the boiling broth and cook until tender but still maintaining the beautiful green color. This only takes 1-2 minutes.
- Assemble the boy choy on to the bowls.
- Ladel the soup broth into the bowls.
- Top with the green onions and drizzle some of the chillli sauce on the top of the wontons.