This Whole30 Sweet Potato and Kale recipe only requires 3 main ingredients….sweet potato, kale and prosciutto. My favorite kinds of recipes to share with you guys are the ones that require VERY little effort, yet still delicious and flavorful and this definitely checks all those boxes.
Next time you need some vegetables in your life, try this Whole30 Sweet Potato and Kale recipe as a side dish or for lunch. It would even be great for breakfast. Just add a fried egg on top and you’re good to go!
Whole30 Sweet Potato and Kale Recipe!
After a weekend of indulgence, eating out at restaurants and too many sweets, my body was crying out for some vegetables. You ever have that feeling where the only thing you want are vegetables? Yeah, me either. haha! Except for when I eat out way too much and my body is just like, no more!
That’s how this recipe was created….
I looked in my fridge and a bag of unopened kale from Trader Joes stared at me. Now, I don’t know about you but I can’t just straight up eat kale. Thank goodness I had a couple of sweet potatoes and two slices of Prosciutto and it was a trio match made in heaven!
Check out how I made this Whole30 Sweet Potato and Kale recipe below!
How To Make Whole30 Sweet Potato and Kale
- Peel and cut two large sweet potatoes and set it aside.
- In a large sauté pan, heat up the avocado oil on medium heat and add the two slices of prosciutto. Cook the prosciutto for about 2 minutes on each side or until crispy.
- Set the cooked prosciutto aside on a paper towel lined plate.
- Now add the sweet potatoes and season liberally with salt and fresh pepper.
- Cook for about 5-7 minutes while stirring constantly. It’s good to get some parts crispy!
- When the sweet potatoes are cooked, add two large handfuls of the chopped kale. I get my chopped kale from Trader Joes. It’s already cleaned and cut.
- Cook this for about 3 more minutes.
- Break up the prosciutto and sprinkle on top of the sweet potatoes and kale.
Other Whole30 Recipes You’ll Love
- Baby Back Ribs
- Lemon Soy Chicken Wings
- Roast Chicken with Rosemary Butter
- Short Ribs
- Pulled Pork
- Sautéd Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
Whole30 Sweet Potato and Kale
- Cutting Board
- Wooden Slotted Spoon
- Chef's Knife
- Large Deep Saute Pan
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 slices Proscuitto
- 2 large sweet potatoes, diced
- 2 generous handfuls of chopped kale