Easy Spam & Kimchi Fried Rice Recipe. Kimchi is stir fried with Spam, garlic and Kimchi juice. It is simply delicious!
Spam & Kimchi Fried Rice Recipe!
Spam is one of my guilty pleasures. I try not to have to much of it but when I do, I make it count! I’ve made Spam fried rice tons of times but adding Kimchi to it just takes it up a notch!
Spam & Kimchi Fried Rice is by far one of my favorite way to make fried rice. It just takes a few simple ingredients and a few minutes to make. The struggle is trying not to go for seconds, thirds and fourths.
How To Make Spam & Kimchi Fried Rice
- Heat up a large Wok on Medium to High heat. Add the cooking oil (I used avocado oil) and spread it around to properly coat the Wok.
- Add the garlic and cook for a few seconds, then add the cubed Spam. Keep stirring so that the garlic doesn’t burn and the Spam is browned on all sides.
- Add the kimchi and continue to stir fry with the Spam and garlic.
- Add the rice and Kimchi juice (which is found at the bottom of the Kimchi container) and mix it all very thoroughly.
- Add the sesame seed oil and continue to mix well together. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Take a non-stick pan and heat it up on medium heat. Fry the eggs and set them aside.
- Serve the Kimchi fried rice in a bowl and top with the fried egg. Garnish with sesame seeds, Furakake seasoning and green onion.
Tools You Will Need
- Rice Cooker
- Large Non-Stick Wok
- Non-Stick Frying pan for the eggs
- A sturdy wooden spoon
- Large Rice Spatula
- Sharp Knife
- Cutting Board
Other Fried Rice Recipes You’ll Love
Spam & Kimchi Fried Rice
- Large Wok
- Slotted Spoon
- Cutting Board
- Chef's Knife
- 1 Can Spam Cut up in small cubes
- 1 Cup Kimchee Sliced into thin, small pieces
- 3 Cups Cooked white rice Preferably a day old, cold rice
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Tsp Minced garlic
- 1/4 Cup Kimchee juice Taken from the bottom of the kimchee container
- 1/2 Tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp Avocado oil Any cooking oil will do
- 1 Tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp Furakake seasoning To sprinkle on top
- 1 Stalk Green onion Thinly sliced, to garnish
- On medium high heat preheat the Wok. Add the cooking oil and spread it around well around the Wok.
- Add the garlic and cook for a few seconds. Add the cubed Spam and and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add the Kimchi and continue to stir fry with the Spam and garlic.
- Add the rice and the Kimchi juice and mix it all very thouroughly.
- Add the sesame oil and continue to mix well together. Remove from the heat.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat and add cooking oil. Fry the eggs and set aside.
- Serve the Kimchi fried rice in a bowl and top with the fried egg. Garnish with the sesame seeds, furakake seasoning and green onion. Enjoy!